Tuesday, January 27, 2009

LOS DELFINES! : part 1

where to begin? there was just so much awesomeness that occurred this weekend! i guess it all started with being invited to a party....i met this guy on my school bus and we became fast friends so he invited me to his birthday party. on friday he picked me up, because i didn't know where the party was even though he explained it to me. we arrived at his grandpa's house, where the party was being held. it was huge!!!!! there were like 4 stories....maybe not, but it seemed like it. there was really nice marble everywhere and compared to the other homes i have seen here in mazatlan i knew these people were rich.

it was a bit awkward at first because i was the only one at the party and we were just waiting for everyone. there was a huge table dedicated to soda and booze and a table with different meats and fillings for tacos, complete with 2 serving ladies!!!! in the backyard, where the party was held, there was a swimming pool, huge patio area, and a very large grassy area....which means you have it made here in mazatlan. :P the first people arrived. 4 guys with beers already in hand. i became really nervous because it now sunk in that i had to speak spanish. (i don't speak spanish with my school friend because i need a friend who speaks english....!) my spanish skills started out slow and i mostly listened to what the guys were saying, i didn't get most of it. :( then more and more people started coming and i met some more people. the ones i met were all really nice and helped me with my spanish and spoke relatively slowly for me....thanks guys!...then i noticed one of the original four guys wasn't talking to anyone. so i decided to come out of my shell and start talking to him. apparently everyone went to secondary school together except for him so he didn't know anyone....except for the other 3 guys. well neither did i, so we got to talking and stuff.

then a guy who supposedly looks like obama came. they introduced me to him as my president. he asked me if i had voted for him. (i didn't :O) and we had a good time joking about that. then the original party goers came back to talk to us. they told me a story about one of them being really drunk and stripping and waving his underwear around in the air until the police came. that story led them to tell me another story....about dolphins! okay, not really but dolphins are in there somewhere....

one day they were all drunk (except for one of them, but there had been another guy with them that do, so the guy at the party substituted for him....) and it was raining. their clothes got wet so they decided to take all their clothes off except for their boxers. then they started running along the sidewalk along the ocean. they ran to a dolphin fountain, where they may have begun to swim..or maybe not, and people were looking at them like they were crazy. well they were, but we won't get into that. from that day on they became known as dolphins. there is dolphin 1, dolphin2, dolphin 3, and dolphin 4.

it was probably one of the funniest stories i had ever heard in my life. the whole time the guy who wasn't a dolphin kept on translating some of the words into english and used hand motions to explain the story better.....even though they knew i understood the story.
after the story the cd that i had given the host for his birthday started playing. all of the guys loved the songs and thought it was sooooo cool that i liked all of those songs. they said they didn't know any girls who liked listening to dance/techno.

after my cd was done playing, calle 13's song atrevete-te-te came on. "obama's" girlfriend starting singing along, so i started to. everyone stopped what they were doing to look and listen to me. they couldn't believe i knew the words. everyone was hooting and hollering and wanted me to continue. only i didn't know all of the words and i was becoming shy because they were all looking at me. so, after they really wanted me to start singing again, i did....because fortunately it was part of the song that i actually knew!!!!!

after that they raised their glasses and everyone cheered because i knew the lyrics. then they started shouting "chug, chug, chug, chug!!!!" i tried, but couldn't....has anyone tried chugging strawberry fanta? not easy. after that i suddenly became known as dolphin 6. that's when i knew i had now gained 4 more friends!

the rest of the night i chatted away and had a great time. finally it was time to go and the 4 guys offered me a ride home. as i was getting ready to leave, my school friend who was slightly intoxicated, introduced me to another student who goes to tec. his name is yoshi!!!!!! i couldn't help but laugh. and my friend asked me if i knew about mario kart.....duh! that's why i was laughing! yoshi didn't think it was that funny, so i told him i liked his name.....i do, but it's still funny! YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!

on the way home i was extremely excited to find out that they loved BELANOVA!!!!! we sang along to belanova the entire way home, with random shouts of DELFIN 6!!!! and their hands patting the top of my head and messing up my hair. who would have thought that i would have met 4 guys who love belanova just as much as me?!?!?!?! and we actually get along great!!!

at 4am i arrived home and went to sleep only to wake up at 7:30. after i woke up i couldn't get back to sleep. so i spent my day watching amor y tesoro.....or fool's gold. (in english) that movie with matthew mcconaughey and kate hudson finding treasure and love....like the spanish name indicates! after that i chatted with delfin 3 on messenger and was invited to another party that night......


but, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the dramatic finish to my crazy weekend!!! i like to keep my very loyal, but few readers in suspense!!!!

p.s. somewhere in there a professional photographer took our pictures with the host and i had to write my name on a sheet of paper with everyone else so they knew where we were in the picture.......because it was for a MAGAZINE!!!! or something.....i'm not sure really, but that's pretty awesome. i'm gonna be famous now! jajajajajaj :P

No comments:

Post a Comment