Thursday, February 5, 2009

so, it's not a vacation after all.....

The other day I had my first meeting at my internship. After some confusion with getting the date and place right, I arrived. To my delight the office where I will be working is on the malecon. What does that mean exactly? Well, it means that when I look outside the office windows I get to enjoy the wonderful ocean view! How sweet is that?!?!?! Another plus is that the office is located inside a hotel that I had done some research on before I got here. It was my grand and glorious idea to possibly spend one or two nights there with anyone who would want to come visit me…….anyone?!?!?! so, I am quite psyched about working in the hotel that I had my sights set on!

I decided to walk to the office for the first meeting so I knew exactly where it was, so that in the future when I take the bus I know where to get off. As usual, I overestimated how long it would take me to get to the office. I arrived 30 minutes early. So I sat on a bench overlooking the beach and tried reading a book in Spanish. I failed miserably.

At exactly 4:30pm I crossed the street and entered the building. the office was just recently set up so it looked a bit uninviting but the orange walls sure made this office exciting! Once the bosses got off their phones they told me to wait since the other intern hadn’t arrived yet. So I struggled through 20 more minutes of reading my book.

The meeting was intense. Since I’m sick, my brain doesn’t function properly and everything she was saying to me was jibberish. Ok, not everything. I do know that I am going to prepare and complete an online marketing plan to advertise new condominiums that are going to be built right next to the hotel. I would include the link to the website here but then I realize that I need to tell them where we put the links to the sites and I don’t really want them reading this blog…..it’s not like I’ve got anything to hide, it’s just not very business oriented. Although, I will be creating a blog for the condominiums so I might put that link up. maybe not. I don’t know how many of my readers are interested in owning luxury condominiums in mexico....... haha….ha.

Once the meeting finished, the other intern and I decided to have dinner and chillax at his place to get to know each other, since we will be working together for the next 3 or so months. We ate at this sushi place. It was good. That’s all I’ll say. :P after that we went to ley, a walmart-esque store. We looked around for stuffed animals that he could give to his quasi girlfriend. Don’t ask….. After not finding anything suitable to get her we headed for the beer. we picked out the only dark beer we could find. Aren't you so proud of me for not drinking that watery garbage padre?!?! We also bought toni col….i think that’s what it’s called. It’s basically the best kind of vanilla coke ever. Period. And, it’s also pretty much only available in Sinaloa, mexico (Mazatlan is a city in the state of Sinaloa…)

After chatting and watching 2 episodes of weeds at his crib, which is actually a hotel room, I left. I began to walk. I noticed that my feet were very sensitive. I figured I had probably developed a blister and wondered if I would be able to walk the 40 minutes back to my place. Once I got to the malecon I decided I could make it, although my body didn’t agree with me on that because 2 seconds later I felt my blister pop. I won’t describe it though, because I know I can tend to be a little too graphic with my descriptions of bodily functions……mother….:P

A few minutes later I hopped onto a lovely pulmonia and headed home. I think $40 pesos is a fair trade for a nice breezy ride through Mazatlan instead of walking for 40 minutes on a recently exploded blister, don’t you think? i thought so…..




So, you may or may not have noticed that my usual style of not capitalizing anything is not evident in this post. It’s because I am now using Microsoft word 2007 instead of notepad.( I finally found a free product key somewhere off the internet so I don’t have to spend $100 USD on validating my trial software that was running out of free uses! ) I do not usually advocate the illegal downloading of products but I feel that since Microsoft has disappointed me with their oh so stellar vista OS, I’m going to get something out of them that is worthwhile!!!!! so, back to my original point about capitalization. Microsoft word auto corrects everything and I’m too lazy to change it. Plus, it has spell check….and I’ve been having problems with bloggers’ spell check recently…..

Sayanara!

No comments:

Post a Comment